Friday, May 4, 2012

Uganda

Hi friends,
       Things are still going great here in Uganda.  My original plan was to head back to Kakamega tomorrow, but after a quick talk with the principal this morning, the plan has changed.  The students are taking another round of exams next week, and Thomas agreed that it would be unnecessary for me to be at school.  SO, I now find myself with another full week to travel!  I’ve made friends with a group of three guys (two from Ireland, one from England) who have agreed to let me tag along with them to Rwanda.  From what I hear, Rwanda is beautiful and very traveler-friendly, so I am beyond excited.

       Right now I am back in Kampala (Uganda’s capital).  I spent the last few days in Jinja, where I went down the river for the second time, but this time on a boogey board!  We also did a fishing trip on Lake Victoria.  More later (tired. brain function is low), but here are some pictures for now.  Miss you all.

Huge market in Kampala. Stopped for drinks and made friends

Ugly shirts we found at the market in Kampala; currently traveling with the three on the left

Tower at Gaddafi National Mosque in Kampala

Inside the mosque. capacity (including space outside): 50,000
Market in Kampala on a different day; different friends
Peas with rice and matoke, which is made from smashed bananas
Port Belle, Kampala
Surfing a wave on the Nile River. This day was AWESOME
Fishing on Lake Victoria


Nile Perch-- 11 lbs


1 comment: