Saturday, December 31, 2011

Kakamega

Hello everyone,

I'm in Kakamega! I arrived last night after a 9 hour bus ride from Nairobi. The ride was long, but the scenery was incredible! I never stopped looking out the window (which made for a very sore neck). I'm staying in a hotel in town, and I'm writing this from an internet cafe about a 2 minute walk away. Kakamega is nowhere near as big as Nairobi but it is one of the biggest towns in the region. If you google map it it will come right up. It is crazy out today because of new year's. Lots of people and music everywhere.

My day in Nairobi was also really great, but more on that later. I just bought an outlet adaptor so I'm going to type out a longer post tonight and come back to the internet cafe tomorrow to post. I'll leave you with a teaser, though-- I got to pet some baby elephants and kiss a giraffe!

1 comment: